If you’re after a quick and easy cake that is also gluten-free, then this Thermomix Lemon & Ricotta Cake is just what you need. It’s deliciously moist and has the yummiest flavour! There’s really no beating that lemon, ricotta and almond combination!
The best thing about this cake is that it will take you less than 5 minutes to prepare. Yep, seriously. From start to finish, 5 minutes is all it takes! I absolutely love the fact that you can grate your lemon zest in the Thermomix… it’s just SO much easier! Then it’s just a matter of adding in the rest of the ingredients, mixing it all together and pouring it into your favourite cake tin. Oh and then adding a little sprinkle of flaked almonds on top just before cooking – they give the cake a delicious crunch!
What are your favourite gluten-free cakes?
Thermomix Lemon & Ricotta Cake (Gluten-Free)
- 400 g ricotta
- 3 eggs , beaten
- ¼ cup grated lemon zest
- 2 cups (240g) almond meal
- ¾ cup (165g) caster sugar
- ¼ cup (20g) flaked almonds
- Icing sugar , for dusting
- Grease and line the sides and bottom of a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius (140 degrees if using fan forced).
- Place the lemon rind into the TM bowl.
- Grate on Speed 10 for 20 seconds, scraping down the bowl occasionally.
- When you have a fine zest, add the eggs, ricotta, almond meal and caster sugar.
- Mix on Speed 5 for 20 seconds or until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the tin.
- Sprinkle the flaked almonds over the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean (don't overcook the cake though, as you want it to be nice and moist).
- Sprinkle over a little icing sugar just before serving.
- This can be served on it's own or with a little yoghurt or ice-cream.