This Thermomix Marble Cake takes me right back to my childhood!
This Thermomix Marble Cake recipe is based on the Marble Cake my Mum used to make for us back when we were kids. My sister and I both thought is was the fanciest cake thanks to the coloured swirls inside of it and we would always request it for special occasions.
This cake is a simple butter cake recipe which is then split into three portions to colour. To ensure that you get a really cool marble effect, it's important to not over mix the mixture with your butter knife when combining, otherwise the colours will combine into one.
I usually ice this Thermomix Marble Cake with a simple chocolate icing however you can also top it with a store bought chocolate or vanilla icing, and it's even delicious served un-iced.
Thermomix Marble Cake
- 110 grams butter at room temp
- 110 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon milk (80 g)
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- pink food colouring
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan-forced) and line a large loaf tin with baking paper. Set aside until needed.
- Place the butter and caster sugar into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 30 seconds, Speed 3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 20 seconds, Speed 3.
- Add the vanilla extract, milk, eggs and self raising flour and mix for 10 seconds, Speed 4.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 5 seconds, Speed 4 or until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture in three equal parts (approx 180g each) and add the cocoa to one and a couple of drops of pink food colouring (or cochineal if using) to the other. Mix to create the coloured mixture.
- Add spoonfuls of the three different coloured mixtures to your prepared loaf tin and once all the mixture is in the tin, use a butter knife to gently swirl the mixture to create the ‘marble’ effect.
- Place the cake tin into the oven and cook for 30 – 35 minutes or until your marble cake is cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Cool in tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze indivually wrapped slices in the freeer for up to 3 months.
You can find more great cake recipes in our 'Sweet' print book or our Cakes and Cheesecakes for All Occasions eBook. You can also shop the full range of print and eBooks here.