Recipes REALLY don’t get much easier than this 2 Ingredient Thermomix Apricot and Coconut Slice. I decided to give this recipe a try after our three year began requesting apricots (don’t ask me where he got the idea from!) with EVERY SINGLE MEAL. This Apricot and Coconut Slice reminds me of the Apricot Bites we used to buy in primary school from the school canteen and they make the perfect lunch snack to keep you going for the rest of the afternoon.
I was a little unsure what the boys would think about them, as I was worried they may be a little too sweet but as you can see they are toddler approved and I had to move the container they were in from the bottom of the fridge to the very top to stop my little people from stealing them.
These 2 ingredient Apricot Bites are quite soft and if you can leave them overnight to set. It’s also really important to push the ingredients down quite firmly into the tin to help bind the ingredients together. You should also store them in the fridge (or freezer if you want them really firm) however they do hold up quite well to being popped into a lunchbox for a few hours.
- 300 g of dried apricots
- 60 g of desiccated coconut
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper making sure you leave plenty hanging over the sides to help you remove the slice once set.
- Place the apricots and coconut into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 15 seconds on speed 9 to combine.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and use a metal spoon to spread evenly and push down firmly until you have a smooth surface.
- Place the slice into the fridge overnight to set - or freezer if you prefer your slice to set very firmly.
- Remove the slice from the tin and cut into squares to serve.
- Keep slice refrigerated.