Our Healthy Thermomix Muesli Bars packed full of oats, seeds and dried fruit. Naturally sweetened with honey, these nut-free muesli bars are a delicious and healthy alternative to store-bought versions.
Freezer-friendly and with just 10 minutes prep time, these muesli bars are sure to become a family favourite in no time.
Why You're Going To Love This Recipe
These quick and easy healthy Thermomix muesli bars are simply delicious!
- Nut-Free - packed full of dried fruit, seeds and oats, these bars are completely nut-free making them a great lunch box recipe.
- Energy Boosting Snack - naturally sweetened with fruit and full of nutritious ingredients, these healthy muesli bars will give you the energy boost you need.
- 10 Minutes Prep Time - have these in the oven in less than 10 minutes!
- Freezer-Friendly - pop any leftover muesli bars in the freezer for easy 'grab and go' snacks.
What You Need
Just a handful of basic ingredients are needed to make our healthy Thermomix muesli bars:
- Butter - you can use either salted or unsalted butter in this recipe
- Honey - a natural sweetener that helps bind the mixture together
- Vanilla Extract - or vanilla essence
- Dried Pitted Dates - these give the muesli bars a sweet flavour while also helping to bind the mixture
- Dried Apricots - the yummy bursts of sweet apricots are simply delicious
- Rolled Oats - use either old fashioned rolled oats or quick oats in this recipe
- Poppy Seeds - available from the spices aisle in the supermarket
- Chia Seeds - these are available from the health food aisle of the supermarket
- Salt - a pinch of salt perfectly balances the sweetness of the muesli bars
Step By Step Instructions
It couldn't be easier to make our yummy muesli bars!
Step 1 - Melt
Place the butter, honey and vanilla extract into the Thermomix bowl and melt together.
Step 2 - Chop
Add the dried fruit (dates and apricots) to the bowl and mix until chopped.
Step 3 - Mix
Add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
Step 4 - Bake
Pour into a greased and lined baking dish and bake until golden.
Expert Tips & FAQ
Yes you absolutely can use rice malt syrup instead of honey.
Yes you can! Simply proceed as per the recipe.
Yes you can - chopped almonds, cashews or macadamias are delicious.
Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 2-3 hours (preferably overnight). Use a small, sharp serrated knife to cut it once chilled.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Who doesn't love muesli bars?
Here's a few more of our favourite Thermomix muesli bar recipes:
Thermomix Lunch Box Cookbooks
All hardcopy cookbooks come with free eBooks emailed immediately upon purchase.
Healthy Thermomix Muesli Bars
- 100 g butter
- 120 g honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80 g dried pitted dates
- 40 g dried apricots
- 200 g rolled oats
- 20 g poppy seeds
- 20 g chia seeds
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees celsius.
- Grease and line a 20X20cm square baking tin.
- Place the butter, honey and vanilla extract into the Thermomix bowl. Heat for 6 minutes, Varoma, Speed 2.
- Add the pitted dates and dried apricots and chop for 5 seconds, Speed 5. Mix for a further 5 seconds if any large chunks remain.
- Add the rolled oats, poppy seeds, chia seeds and sea salt. Mix for 5 seconds, Speed 3. Scrape and repeat until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tray and press down firmly with a spoon.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before placing into the fridge for 2-3 hours.