This is an absolute classic recipe that we’ve converted to the Thermomix! Coconut Ice always reminds me of school fetes, carnivals and kids parties… it’s just the best little treat.
Our Thermomix Coconut Ice recipe is so simple, completely no-bake and it takes less than 10 minutes to make. You only need 5 basic ingredients… and best of all, this lasts for AGES! Simply pop it into an airtight container and keep it stored in the fridge for up to a week.
If you’re a fan of coconut, we promise that you’re going to LOVE this!!
- 300 g pure icing sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 395 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 300 g desiccated coconut
- 5-6 drops pink food colouring
- Grease and line a small rectangular slice tray (approx 16cm X 26cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the icing sugar and cream of tartar into the Thermomix bowl and mix on Speed 9 for 10 seconds.
- Add the coconut and condensed milk to the bowl and mix on Speed 4 for 10 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat for a further 5 seconds.
- Press half of the mixture firmly into the prepared tray.
- Add the food colouring to the Thermomix bowl and mix on Speed 4 for 10 seconds - use the spatula to help mix the food colouring completely through the mixture.
- Press the pink mixture on top of the white layer and place into the fridge to set.
- Cut into pieces.