This is an absolute classic recipe that we've converted to the Thermomix! Coconut Ice always reminds me of school fetes, carnivals and kids parties... it's just the best little treat.
Our Thermomix Coconut Ice recipe is so simple, completely no-bake and it takes less than 10 minutes to make. You only need 5 basic ingredients... and best of all, this lasts for AGES! Simply pop it into an airtight container and keep it stored in the fridge for up to a week.
If you're a fan of coconut, we promise that you're going to LOVE this!!
Thermomix Coconut Ice
Made with just FIVE ingredients, our Thermomix Coconut Ice recipe is a simple no-bake recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 16 pieces
- 20 X 20cm baking tin
- 300 grams pure icing sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 395 grams sweetened condensed milk
- 300 grams desiccated coconut
- 5-6 drops pink food colouring
- Grease and line a small square baking tin (approx 20X20cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the icing sugar and cream of tartar into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds, Speed 9.
- Add the coconut and sweetened condensed milk to the bowl and mix for 10 seconds, Speed 4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat for a further 5 seconds.
- Press half of the mixture firmly into the prepared tray.
- Add the food colouring to the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds, Speed 4 - use the spatula to help mix the food colouring completely through the mixture.
- Press the pink mixture on top of the white layer and place into the fridge to set.
RECIPE NOTES & TIPS
- Use pure icing sugar (not icing sugar mixture) as it sets firmer
- Cream of tartar can be found in the baking aisle of the supermarket (near the baking powder and gelatine)
- Use full fat (not skim) sweetened condensed milk as it sets firmer
- Use dry desiccated coconut (not moistened or shredded)
- Add more or less pink food colouring (depending on how vibrant you'd like the pink layer to be)
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week
- Freeze for up to 3 months
Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 202mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 66IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this Recipe? Share it Today!Mention @Thermobliss or tag #Thermobliss!
I’ve made this a few times; turns out excellently every time
I'm so thrilled you like it!
Can this be frozen for say 2 weeks!
Lucy Mathieson says
It sure can!
My machine couldn't seem to handle the mixture and wouldn't turn....is this normal?
Mine did the same.
Carolina Reece says
Can I double the mix?
Lucy Mathieson says
Absolutely! As long as it all fits in your machine!! And you might need to increase the mixing times a little too 🙂
this stuff is amazing