Classic Aussie Thermomix Beef Pies made from beef mince and cooked in a pie maker (or oven). A simple freezer-friendly snack perfect for lunch or dinner!
The $29 Kmart Pie Maker
Have you heard about the Kmart $29 pie maker? If you haven't you can check it out here... or join the Kmart Pie Maker Recipes Group on Facebook that has over 90,000 members..... what!!?? Right!??? I know! It's C.R.A.Z.Y!!!!
Lauren (my ThermoBliss co-owner has had her pie maker for a long while now - whereas I am totally new to the club (as in, I've only owned mine for a week)... but I'm soooo in love with it! I don't even usually like pies, but these are AWESOME!!! I'm a total convert!
(*And I should add that we're in no way sponsored to promote these pie makers... we both just happen to own and love them).
And given that the weather was absolutely AWFUL here in Victoria this past weekend, I thought we'd make Thermomix Beef Pies. Ummm... YUM! These are your classic Aussie beef pies (the filling is really similar to a party pie filling because it's made with beef mince) and they're absolutely delicious!
I made the filling in the Thermomix and then cooked the pies in the pie maker (see my recipe tips below if you dont have a pie maker).
Classic Aussie Beef Pies made in the Thermomix
I based this recipe on this super popular original recipe from Taste.com - and simply adapted it to the Thermomix, reduced the amount of liquid needed, and included pie maker instructions. Too easy! Why mess too much with an absolutely delicious recipe!
Kmart Pie Maker Recipes
But back to the pie maker...! If you have a Kmart pie maker (or any brand!), check out Lauren's Kmart Pie Maker recipes. They're quick, easy and the whole family will love them!
And now that we both have pie makers... except to see a whole lot more pie recipes on ThermoBliss in the future! YUM!!!!
Thermomix Beef Pies
- 1 brown onion halved
- 30 g olive oil
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 tbs cornflour
- 1 tbs beef stock powder
- 2 tbs water
- 190 g tomato sauce
- 30 g Worcestershire sauce
- 20 g barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp Vegemite
- 3 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry thawed
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Place the halved onion into the Thermomix and chop on Speed 5, 4 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the olive oil and saute on 100 degrees, 3 minutes, Speed 1.
- Add the beef mince and cook on 100 degrees, REVERSE, 5 minutes, Speed 1.
- Mix the cornflour, beef stock powder and water in a small bowl until dissolved. Add to the Thermomix bowl along with the tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, barbecue sauce and Vegemite. Cook on 100 degrees, REVERSE, 10 minutes, Speed 1.
- Cut 12 circles from the shortcrust pastry sheets to fit your pie maker (see recipe notes if cooking in the oven).
- Place the shortcrust pastry circles into the base of the pie maker shells (you'll need to do this in batches - I did 3 X batches of 4 pies in my Kmart pie maker).
- Spoon the beef mince filling over the top.
- Cut 12 circles from the puff pastry sheets and place over the top.
- Brush with the lightly beaten egg.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool and freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.