This Thermomix Vegetable Quiche is a great way to use up those leftover veggies!
After we ended up with 3 dozen eggs in our fridge recently, I set out to make the most of it (and ensure we didn’t waste them!) by going on an egg recipe rampage, and this Thermomix Vegetable Quiche was one of the delicious recipes I came up with as a result!
Along with helping to use up our excess eggs, this Thermomix Vegetable Quiche came with the added bonus of also helping to clear our of veggie crisper! I used broccoli and sweet potato to make this Vegetable Quiche, however you could also use zucchinis, capsicum, pumpkin, spinach – you get the idea!
This a slice of this quiche on it’s own was enough to fill up our little ones, however my husband and I added some baked sweet potato wedges (which the kids ended up stealing!) and a salad to go along with ours.
Thermomix Vegetable Quiche
- 250 grams plain flour
- 145 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 brown onion quarted
- 2 garlic cloves
- 150 grams sweet potato peeled & cut into 4cm pieces
- 20 grams olive oil
- 240 grams milk
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 75 grams parmesan cheese
- 50 grams broccoli roughly chopped
- 50 grams feta
- Place the plain flour, butter and water into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 6 seconds on speed 6.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and using the kneading (interval) function, mix for 3 minutes.
- Turn the mixture out onto a bench dusted with flour or a Thermomat and bring together into a smooth ball. If the mixture is a little too crumbly, add an extra tablespoon of water. Wrap the dough in cling wrap and place into the fridge for 30 minutes to chill - preheat your oven to 190 degrees fan forced.
- Place the parmesan cheese into a clean Thermomix bowl and mix for 8 seconds, speed 8 to grate. Set aside until needed.
- After 30 minutes, remove the dough from the fridge and sit on our bench to allow it to slightly warm. In the meantime, place the onion and garlic cloves into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 5 seconds on speed 6 to grate.
- Lightly dust a rolling pin and bench (or use a Thermomat) with flour and roll the pastry out until it's approximately 3 - 4mm thick - use your pie tin (I used a 22cm one) as a guide to how big your pasty needs to be, you want to allow a 3cm border of pastry around your dish for the sides.
- Carefully place your pasty into your pie dish and gently press the pastry against the edges. Trim off any excess, but do leave approximately 1/2 cm of pastry hanging over the tin as it will shrink.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on top of the pasty and top with baking weights or rice. Cook for 12 minutes before removing the baking paper and weights and cook for a further 6 minutes.
- To make the quiche filling, place the onion and garlic cloves into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 5 seconds on speed 6 to grate.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the sweet potato (which has been cut into pieces) and mix for 4 seconds, speed 4. Please note if you would like your sweet potato pieces to be smaller, mix for a further 3 seconds on speed 4.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the olive oil and cook for 4 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1 on REVERSE.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese, milk, eggs and salt and pepper and mix for 10 seconds, speed 2 on REVERSE.
- Add the broccoli pieces and mix for a further 10 seconds, speed 2 on REVERSE to combine.
- Pour the quiche filling into the baked pastry shell and break the feta into pieces and place on top.
- Bake the quiche in your 190 degree preheated oven for 35 minutes or until it's golden on top and cooked through when tested with a skewer.
If you are looking for some more yummy dinner ideas, make sure you grab your copy of our Thermomix Family Dinners eBook bundle!
You can also view all of our print and eBooks here.