Our Thermomix Yogo takes just a few minutes to make... and tastes just like the store-bought yogo! Made from 4 ingredients - chocolate, milk, egg and cornflour!
This simple yogo recipe is a firm favourite in our house. It's quick and easy to make... and is free from all the additives and preservatives in store-bought yogo. It's a delicious treat that kids (and adults!) will love.
What You Need To Make Thermomix Yogo
- chocolate (I like to use milk chocolate)
- full cream milk
- cornflour (or you can substitute it for arrowroot/tapioca flour)
... that's it! Just 4 ingredients!
Small Batch Yogo (can be doubled)
As I've only got 1 little 3 year old at home, I like to follow this recipe as it makes the perfect amount of yogo for us. It makes about 6-8 small servings.
However, you can absolutely double this recipe if you're feeding a larger family (or older kids)! Simply add another 2-3 minutes cooking time.
How To Stop A 'Skin' Forming On Top
Once you've made the yogo, it can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Once it starts to cool, it will develop a 'skin' on the top (just like custard does). To avoid this from happening, simply press a sheet of plastic wrap/cling wrap directly on top of the yogo.
More Thermomix Recipes For Kids
Want more lunch box ideas? Check out our ThermoBliss: Lunch Box Book Bundle for over 40 munching on the run recipes.
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 1 egg
- 250 g full cream milk
- 15 g cornflour or arrowroot/tapioca flour
- Place the milk chocolate into the Thermomix. Grate for 8 seconds, Speed 9.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Cook for 10 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 3.
- Pour into an airtight container, press a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto the yogo (to prevent a 'skin' forming) and close the lid.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.