If you thought we couldn't improve on our Spinach and Ricotta Roll recipe, wait until you try these Thermomix Spinach and Cheese Rolls!
These Thermomix Spinach and Cheese Rolls really are the ultimate savoury treat and are perfect to enjoy while watching the footy, as an easy meal or at your next party.
They are also freezer friendly and we ALWAYS have a batch of them frozen for those times when I just can't be bothered cooking - which happens quite a lot believe it or not!
Thermomix Spinach and Cheese Rolls
- 500 g of ricotta
- 80 g of parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 block of feta cheese - broken into small pieces
- 100 g of baby spinach leaves
- 1 egg
- 4 sheets of puff pastry – partially thawed
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of onion flakes
- salt and pepper
- sesame seeds – optional
- 1 egg to brush the rolls with.
- Line two trays with baking paper and preheat your oven to 210 degrees.
- Cut the parmesan cheese into cubes no bigger than 3cm and place in your Thermomix bowl to mix for 10 seconds on speed 9 to grate.
- Add the ricotta, feta cheese (broken into 2 cm pieces), baby spinach leaves, 1 egg, onion powder, nutmeg and salt and pepper to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 15 seconds on speed 4 or until all of the ingredients have combined.
- Break the extra egg into a small bowl and lightly whisk.
- Place the partially thawed pastry squares on your bench and cut in half lengthways. Brush one edge of the pastry with a little of the egg before using a spoon to add an approximately 3cm wide line of mixture down the centre of the pasty.
- Roll the pastry (starting from the edge without the egg) to enclose the filling.
- Slice the rolls into four equal parts and brush with a little more of the beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Repeat process until all the pastry and cheese mixture has been used.
- Place these Thermomix Spinach and Three Cheese Rolls into the oven to cook for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden and crispy.
What's your favourite easy freezer friendly recipe?