A while ago I shared one of my favourite egg & bacon quiche recipes on ThermoBliss - it's always such a winner in our house (especially when we need a quick and easy dinner!). Anyway, you guys LOVED it... which made me think that it's about time I shared one of my other favourite easy dinners...
This Thermomix Pumpkin & Feta Tart is another regular in our house. Usually I make it using our Thermomix olive oil pastry recipe, but sometimes I'm lazy and use a couple of sheets of defrosted shortcrust pastry sheets or puff pastry sheets. I know... I know... I should always make my own - but sometimes you just don't have time!
From there it's simply a matter of popping the roasted pumpkin onto the pastry, adding some chunks of feta (I like LOTS of feta), and then pouring over the egg mix (which will take you no time at all in your Thermomix). Sometimes I like to swirl some caramelised onion through the mix too - that makes it even yummier. You can also add some baby spinach leaves if you like.
Bake it in the oven until lightly golden and firm to the touch. Serve with a simple salad or vegetables.
Seriously the easiest and yummiest dinner!
- 2 sheets of defrosted puff pastry OR 1 X quantity Thermomix olive oil pastry (click here for the recipe)
- 150 g roasted pumpkin , chopped
- 80 g feta cheese , crumbled into chunks
- 4 eggs
- 100 g milk (or cream)
- sea salt and pepper , to season
- optional - 1 fresh rosemary sprig and 3 tsp caramelised onion
- If making your own pastry:
- Remove from the fridge and roll out to approximately 1 and ½ cm thick. Place into a well-greased 23cm loose bottomed quiche or tart tin.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Blind bake with pie weights or rice for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- If using puff pastry sheets, place the sheets over a loose bottomed tart tin and trim the edges.
- Place the roasted pumpkin chunks and feta cheese onto the pastry.
- Add the eggs, milk, salt and pepper to the TM bowl and mix for 20 seconds, Speed 4.
- Pour the egg mixture over top of the pumpkin and feta.
- Swirl through the caramelised onion and sprinkle over the fresh rosemary (optional).
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.