These simple and delicious Thermomix Christmas Biscuits are perfect for any celebrations in the lead up to Christmas and also make a great treat to leave out for Santa! You can also make and bake these Christmas Biscuits in under 30 minutes!
My kids love helping me bake but they get very excited in the lead up to Christmas when goodies like these Thermomix Christmas Biscuits start appearing in the kitchen! This easy biscuit recipe is perfect to make with the kids and my boys had a great time decorating (and arguing a little) their own biscuits.
Why you will love this recipe:
Quick to prepare - these biscuits can be prepared and baked in under 30 minutes, making them a perfect last minute Christmas treat!
Homemade gift idea - bundle a few biscuits up in a cello bag for a perfect homemade Christmas gift.
Freezer friendly - both the dough and baked biscuits can be frozen.
Make ahead - the dough can be made up to two days in advance and stored in the fridge until required.
Please note you will find the full list of ingredients and recipe method in the recipe card below.
- Butter - we use unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Vanilla extract - substitute with vanilla essence.
- Caster Sugar
- Egg - we use 70g eggs.
- Plain flour
- Baking powder
- Red and Green M&M's
How to Make Thermomix Christmas Biscuits:
Step 1. Place the butter and caster sugar into your Thermomix bowl and mix until pale and creamy.
Step 2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix to combine. A soft dough will begin to form.
Step 3. Using a tablespoon, scoop up the mixture and roll into balls.
Step 4. Place the biscuit dough balls onto a prepared baking tray. Gently push the M&Ms into the dough.
Step 5. Bake until golden on the edges.
Recipe Hints and Tips
It is important to use butter which has been softened. If the butter is too firm, it will take longer to combine with the caster sugar.
This dough can be made up to two days in advance and stored in the fridge until required.
In the lead up to Christmas you will find packs of Christmas M&M's at your local supermarket. Alternatively, you can pick out the red and green M&M's from a regular pack.
Gently push the M&M's down into the dough, this will slightly flatten the biscuits.
To store, place in an airtight container for up to one week. In warmer climates the biscuits may begin to soften after 3 -4 days.
Both the uncooked dough and baked biscuits can be frozen for up to two months.
Frequently Asked Questions
You sure can! This Thermomix Christmas Biscuit recipe can be frozen for up to two months.
Christmas M&M's are a festive red and green. If you are unable to find packs of them, you can pick out the red and green M&M's from a regular packet of M&M's or also use Smarties.
You May Also Like:
- Thermomix Shortbread
- Christmas Pudding Recipe
- Thermomix Chocolate Chip Biscotti
- The Best Thermomix Caramel Fudge Recipe
- Thermomix Almond Shortbread Recipe
- Thermomix Peppermint Crisp Fudge
- Thermomix Christmas Hedgehog Slice
Thermomix Christmas Cookies
- 2 x Baking Trays
- 125 grams butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 220 grams caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 335 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 grams Red and Green M&Ms
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees celsius (fan-forced) and line two trays with baking paper
- Place the butter and caster sugar into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 30 seconds on speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4 or until combined. Stop after 10 seconds to scrape down the sides
- Scoop up tablespoon sized balls of the cookie mixture and place onto your prepared baking trays. Flatten the surface of the biscuits slightly and decorate with red and green M&M’s and place in the oven to bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes before carefully transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Looking for more?
You can also find more simple and delicious Christmas Thermomix recipes in our books and eBooks, shop the collection here.