I absolutely love this recipe for Lemon Crumble Slice. It's by far one of my favourites (and that's really saying something, given my addiction to all things involving sugar). I love this slice because not only does it have the yummiest oaty layers, but it seriously has the most amazingly creamy and delicious lemon filling. Creamy + lemony + oaty = all kinds of awesome.
The Thermomix really does make this lovely little recipe so simple. There's really not much to it. Once you've made the oat layers, you whip up a simple lemon filling. No mess, no hassle. Gosh it's recipes like this that really make me love my Thermomix. A LOT!!
So what are you waiting for? If you're a fan of lemon flavoured desserts and slices, then you really, really must make this. You'll love it - I pinky promise!!!
- 1¼ cups (155g) plain flour
- 1¼ cups (110g) rolled oats
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp bi-carb soda
- ½ cup (100g) raw sugar
- ½ cup (80g) packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 X 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest (approximately 1 lemon)
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- Thermomix Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius (160 degrees if fan forced)
- Grease and line a 17X28cm slice tray with baking paper, allowing the edges to overhang.
- Melt the butter and vanilla in the TM bowl for 40 seconds, Speed 2, 50 degrees.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Melt for a further 1 minute, Speed 2, 50 degrees.
- Add the plain flour, rolled oats, salt, bi-carb soda, brown sugar and raw sugar.
- Mix for 20 seconds on Reverse, Speed 2.
- Scrape down the sides.
- Mix for a further 20 seconds on Reverse, Speed 2.
- Spread half of the crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared tray and press firmly into an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and put aside (leave the oven turned on).
- Place the zest of 1 lemon into the TM bowl.
- Grate for 20 seconds on Speed 6.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Repeat steps 13-14 until you have a very finely grated zest.
- Add the condensed milk, lemon juice, egg yolks and lemon extract and mix for 30 seconds, Speed 4.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 30 seconds, Speed 4.
- Pour mixture over crumb crust in baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the top of the lemon layer.
- Bake in oven for 23 – 26 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (preferably overnight) then take it out and cut into squares.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.