These Thermomix Kahlua Brownies are the perfect dessert for the grown ups!
These delicious Thermomix Kahlua Brownies are based on my easy Thermomix Baileys Brownie recipe (which you can find here). They are rich, indulgent and thanks to having Kahlua in both the brownies and the chocolate icing - definitely a treat for the grown ups! I had to hide these up high on a shelf to make sure that my boys wouldn't get their little hands on them - lucky they were so good (and I have so little self control!) that they didn't last for very long!
You can make these brownies a day in advance, however I think there is nothing better than enjoying these fresh, so where possible try and make them on the day you intend to eat them. With Christmas coming up, these Thermomix Kahlua Brownies also make a great Christmas Party Dessert or you could also give them to friends and family as a gift.
Thermomix Kahlua Brownies
- 150 grams butter
- 220 grams caster sugar
- 75 grams cocoa
- 100 grams plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup Kahlua
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture For the Kahlua Icing
- 40 grams softened butter For the Kahlua Icing
- 2 tbsp cocoa For the Kahlua Icing
- 1 tbsp boiling water For the Kahula Icing
- 1 tbsp Kahlua For the Kahlua Icing
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and line a 20 x 20cm square tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter(cubed), caster sugar and cocoa into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 3 minutes, 65 degrees speed 1. If the butter hasn’t quite melted, cook for a further 1 minute, 65 degrees, speed 1.
- Add the vanilla extract, eggs, plain flour and Kahlua and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
- Scrape down the sides and mix for a further 10 seconds on speed 4.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to cool completely before topping with Kahlua Icing
- To make the Kahlua Icing, combine all of the icing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until smooth and combined. If your mixture is too hard (you want to to be spreadable) add an extra teaspoon of boiling water.
You can find more great Slice recipes in our best selling 'No Bake Slices and Bars' ebook and you will also find some great Christmas gift ideas to make in your Thermomix in our 'Thermomix Christmas Gifts' ebook (also available in a Christmas ebook bundle pack) - you can check out our entire range of ebooks here.