Find out how to make Thermomix polenta chips... they're easy, they're delicious PLUS they're oven-baked!
Polenta chips are one of my all-time favourite foods. They're SO, SO good!! You're totally with me, right!? But what I absolutely hate is greasy-oily polenta chips that have been fried. Urgh!!! And so the solution is these oven-baked Thermomix polenta chips. They are the BEST! There's no greasiness at all - they're just crispy and delicious.
You seriously won't believe how easy it is to make the mixture using your Thermomix. Honestly, it could not be any simpler! Oh and did I mention that these polenta chips are also freezer-friendly?? Yep, pop the cut polenta into an airtight container (with a sheet of baking paper between each layer) and freeze for up to 3 months. You can then cook them directly from frozen.
So go on... make a batch today!
PS. For more Thermomix savoury snacks, check out our:
How To Make Thermomix Polenta Chips
- 100 g parmesan cheese
- 100 g cheddar cheese
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary (leaves only)
- 2 cloves garlic (or 2 tsp minced garlic)
- 1000 g water
- 250 g polenta
- 50 g butter
- sea salt , to season
- Grease two 18X28cm rectangular slice tins and set aside.
- Place the parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese into the Thermomix bowl.
- Grate on Speed 9, 10 seconds. Set aside in a seperate bowl.
- Wash and dry the Thermomix bowl.
- Add the rosemary leaves and garlic to the Thermomix bowl.
- Finally grate on Speed 7, 10 seconds. Scrape and repeat until finely chopped.
- Add the water and heat for 8 minutes, Varoma, Speed 2.
- Set the Thermomix to Varoma, 3 minutes, Speed 2 and slowly add the polenta through the MC hole (while the blades are turning).
- Place the MC lid back on (to prevent any mixture bubbling out).
- Add the butter, cheese and sea salt and slowly increase to Speed 7, 1 minute (if the Thermomix starts shaking, turn the Speed down and continue to increase slowly).
- Quickly pour the mixture between the two prepared tins and place onto the bench to set for 20 minutes.
- Place into the fridge until completely cold.
- Cut into 'chip' sized pieces.
- At this stage you can either bake the polenta chips on a baking tray in the oven (200 degrees celsius fan-forced) for 20-30 minutes or until crispy on the outside, or you can freeze them in an airtight container (with a sheet of baking paper between each layer).
- The polenta chips can then be cooked as per usual from frozen.