Learn how to cook Roast Pork in a Thermomix below!
We regularly end our week with a roast (quite often it's this Whole Chicken recipe), not only is it a nice (and delicious!) way to prepare for the new week, but it also gives us leftovers for the next day.
I use a pork loin roast when cooking this recipe, however you certainly can use other cuts or sizes of meat, just make sure that they fit in your Thermomix Varoma Basket before you start cooking! Also if you use a larger piece, you will need to extend your cooking time accordingly.
Tips for How to Cook Roast Pork in a Thermomix
- This recipe is based on a piece of pork loin approximately 1 kilogram in weight. You can use a larger piece of pork (providing it fits in your Varoma basket of course) however your cooking time will increase and you may need to add extra water to your Thermomix bowl.
- It's important to remove as much moisture as you can from your pork rind before roasting in the oven.
- The time it takes for your pork to crackle in the oven may vary depending on the maximum temperature of your oven and variances between ovens.
How to Cook Roast Pork in a Thermomix
- Roasting Tray
- 1000 grams Pork Loin - Rind On
- 1700 grams water
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Score the rind of your pork loin and place it into the varoma basket.
- Add the water to your Thermomix bowl and cook for 70 minutes, varoma temperature, speed 3.
- With 10 minutes to go, pre-heat your oven to it's maximum temperature and line a baking tray with foil.
- Carefully remove the varoma basket from your Thermomix and transfer the pork to your prepared baking tray.
- Using paper towel (or a fabric towel) carefully pat the surface of the pork to remove all of the moisture.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the dried pork rind and rub it in. Sprinkle with salt and then place into your pre-heated oven to cook for 20 - 30 minutes or until the pork rind is golden brown and has crackled.
- Carefully remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow the pork to rest for 10 minutes before serving.