This Thermomix Date Loaf is an absolute classic recipe! It is made with simple ingredients and can be prepared and baked in just one hour, making it the ultimate sweet treat!
We love to enjoy this loaf when warmed (or toasted) with a generous serve of butter, however it's also delicious eaten on its own.
You will love:
Quick to prepare - this Thermomix Date Loaf can be ready to go into the oven in under 10 minutes.
Simple ingredients - you can make this recipe with pantry staples.
The perfect sweet snack - this versatile loaf makes a great accompaniment to a cup of tea and is also a yummy lunchbox snack.
Freezer friendly - freeze for up to three months.
Please note you will find a full list of ingredients and the recipe instructions in the recipe card below.
- Pitted Dates - Medjool dates can be used, you will need to remove the seed.
- Raw Sugar
- Egg - we use 70 gram eggs
- Butter - we use unsalted butter
- Bicarbonate of soda
- Plain Flour
- Self-raising flour
How to make a Date Loaf in a Thermomix:
Step 1. Place the dates into your Thermomix bowl and blitz.
Step 2. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the water and bicarbonate of soda and cook.
Step 3. Add the butter and raw sugar and mix to combine.
Step 4. Add the remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
Step 5. Transfer the mixture to a prepared loaf pan and place into the oven.
Step 6. Bake until golden and cooked through when tested with a skewer.
Pitted or Medjool Dates can be used. If using Medjool Dates make sure you remove the seed.
When cooking the water, dates and bicarbonate of soda, the mixture will rise and bubble. This is normal.
This recipe can be baked in mini loaf trays, please note the baking time will reduce.
Store the baked Date Loaf in an airtight container and in a cool and dry spot. Consume within five days.
Freeze for up to two months.
For best results, store in an airtight container and consume within five days.
We recommend using Pitted Dates when making our Date Loaf, you can however use Medjool Dates if you prefer.
You may also enjoy these recipes:
- Date Scones
- Thermomix Gingerbread Loaf
- Cheesy Thermomix Crackers
- Thermomix Milo Biscuits
- Thermomix Vanilla Cake
Thermomix Date Loaf
- 1 x Loaf Tin
- 175 grams dates (1 cup) pitted dates
- 250 grams boiling water
- 1 ½ teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 30 grams butter
- 190 grams raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 150 grams self raising flour
- 75 grams plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan forced) and grease and line a standard sized loaf tin.
- Place the dates into the Thermomix bowl. Using the 2 second Turbo function, blitz 2 - 3 times to roughly chop.
- Add the hot water and bi-carb soda and mix for 2 minutes and 30 seconds at 100 degrees, slowest speed (watch it carefully as it will bubble up in the bowl).
- Add the butter and raw sugar and mix for 10 seconds, Speed 6.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Add the egg and mix for 5 seconds, speed 3.
- Add the self-raising flour and plain flour and mix on 10 seconds, speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 5 seconds on Speed 5.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- If the loaf is browning too much, loosely place a sheet of foil over the top and continue baking.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes in the tin before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Looking for even more?
You can find more delicious and simple recipes in our books and eBooks, shop the full range here.