This Thermomix Date Loaf is an absolute classic recipe! I’ve been making it for years, but have finally got around to converting it to the Thermomix.
I had the perfect excuse to make this loaf… morning tea with my gran (which also just happened to be the first time she met her gorgeous great-grandson!). I knew that my gran loved classic recipes and so this one was sure to be a hit. Thankfully it got her tick of approval!!!
Anyway, if you’re after a really delicious, moist and yummy loaf – then this is the one you need! I’ve been making this a lot lately as it’s the perfect breakfast on the go (which you really, really need with a 4 month old baby in tow!!).
Thermomix Date LoafPrint Pin Rate
- 175 g dates (1 cup) pitted dates
- 250 g (1 cup) boiling water
- 1 1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
- 30 g butter
- 190 g (3/4 cup) raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 130 g (1 cup) self raising flour
- 60 g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a standard sized loaf tin and set aside.
- Place the dates into the Thermomix bowl and press Turbo for 5-10 seconds to roughly chop.
- Add the boiling water and bi-carb soda and mix on 100 degrees, Speed soft, 2 1/2 minutes (watch it carefully as it will bubble up in the bowl).
- Add the butter and raw sugar and mix for 10 seconds, Speed 6.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Add the egg and mix on Speed 3 for 5 seconds.
- Add the self raising flour and plain flour and mix on Speed 7 for 5 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 5 seconds on Speed 7.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for approximately 50 minutes (check after 40 minutes), or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- If the loaf is browning too much, loosely place a sheet of foil over the top and continue baking.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes in the tin before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.