Our Thermomix Veggie Packed Pasta Sauce is easy to make, plus it can be made in advance and frozen!
All three of my boys LOVE any meal with pasta in it, so as you can imagine, it appears pretty frequently in our house - as does this Thermomix Beef and Vegetable Pasta Bake recipe. This Thermomix Veggie Packed Pasta Sauce makes a super easy family meal, can feed a crowd and best of all, you can use up any leftover veggies you may have floating around the fridge.
This recipe is perfect to make on the weekend when you are clearing out your fridge, as you then have the added bonus of doing some meal prep too.
What Vegetables Can I use in this Pasta Sauce Recipe?
It's really up to you! The vegetables I've listed below can certainly be substituted for those your family enjoys or what you have leftover in the fridge, however please note the more vegetables you add to the recipe can impact the texture and cooking time.
Tips for Making this Thermomix Veggie Packed Pasta Sauce:
- As mentioned above, you can substitute the vegetables you use for this recipe.
- I find that the amount of liquid in tinned tomatoes does vary between brands. I have used the Ardmona 'Thick' Tinned Tomatoes for this recipe. If you find your tinned tomatoes to be quite water, you can prolong the cooking time and leave out the extra water.
- You can store the cooked pasta sauce in a freezer safe container for up to three months.
- We have also used this pasta sauce as a base sauce for pizzas.
Thermomix Veggie Packed Pasta Sauce
- 200 grams sweet potato peeled and cut into 4 cm pieces
- 1 zucchini roughly chopped into 4cm pieces
- 2 carrots roughly chopped into 4cm pieces
- 1 brown onion peeled and cut in half
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- 20 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock paste
- 400 grams tinned tomatoes I use armona brand as it's thicker.
- 100 grams water
- Place the garlic, celery and brown onion into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 6 seconds, speed 7 to grate.
- Scrape down the sides of your bowl and add the sweet potato, zucchini and carrots and mix for 5 seconds, speed 6 to grate. If you would like your veggies grated finer, mix for a further 3 seconds, speed 6.
- Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and add the olive oil. Cook fo 4 minutes, varoma, speed 2 with the MC on.
- Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and add the crushed tomatoes, vegetable stock and water. Place the simmering basket on top of your Thermomix (or use the splash guard if you are cooking in a TM6) and cook for 12 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2.
- After 12 minutes scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and check the consistency of the sauce - if you would like it 'thicker' you can cook for a further 5 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2 with the splash guard/simmering basket on.
- Serve with freshly cooked pasta and parmesan cheese.