Once you have tried making Mayonnaise in your Thermomix, you won't go back to buying it from the store! This simple, creamy and delicious Mayonnaise is the perfect accompaniment for your next meal or side.
Making your own mayonnaise really couldn't be easier! Not only is it a quick to make, it is also free of additives and preservatives that you often find in store bought mayonnaise.
Why you will love this recipe:
This homemade Thermomix Mayonnaise takes under 5 minutes to prepare.
It is made with just FIVE ingredients.
When stored in an airtight container in the fridge, this mayonnaise can be enjoyed for up to two weeks.
Please note you will find a full list of ingredients in the recipe card below.
- Avocado Oil - any type of light flavoured oil can be used in this recipe. We also suggest using grapeseed, sunflower or vegetable oil.
- Egg Yolk - we use 70 gram eggs in all of our recipes.
- Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Dijon Mustard
How to make Mayonnaise in a Thermomix
Step 1. Place the egg yolk, apple cider vinegar and dijon mustard into your Thermomix bowl and mix to combine.
Step 2. With the Thermomix running, VERY slowly add the oil.
Step 3. Add the salt and mix to combine.
Step 4. Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge until needed.
Tips for Making the BEST Mayonnaise in your Thermomix.
For best results ensure all ingredients are at room temperature. This will help the ingredients to bind.
Any type of light flavoured oil can be used to make mayonnaise. Sunflower, Grapeseed or Vegetable Oil are all other options.
We use 70 gram eggs when making this recipe.
You can also add a pinch of pepper to your mayonnaise.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most common reasons for mayonnaise splitting include the ingredients being too cold or the oil being added too quickly.
To thicken homemade mayonnaise simply place it into an airtight container and place in the fridge. As it cools, the mayonnaise will thicken.
You may also enjoy:
Looking for even more?
You can find even more simple and delicious recipes in our books and eBooks, browse the range here.
- 250 grams avocado oil see notes
- 1 egg yolk 70 gram egg
- 30 grams dijon mustard
- 30 grams apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place the egg yolk, mustard and apple cider vinegar into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and set the timer to 3 minutes, speed 4. Then VERY slowly add the oil. It should take you the full 3 minutes to add it all.
- Add the salt and mix for a further 20 seconds, speed 4.
- Transfer the mayonnaise to an airtight container/jar and place into the fridge to chill. Please note, the mayonnaise will thicken as it cools.