I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love this Thermomix Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe!
I’ve been making this Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe for YEARS now and although it’s super easy to make the old fashioned way, it’s even easier (and quicker!) to make in my Thermomix! These Thermomix Chocolate Chip Muffins are one of my boys favourite recipes (as you can see!) and they love to have them as a special treat every now and then.
When making these muffins, I alternate between using chocolate chips or 200g of milk chocolate which has been cut into small pieces, whichever you choose they will still taste amazing.
- 375 g of self raising flour
- 90 g of brown sugar
- 200 g of chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150 g of butter - cut into 3cm cubes
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees (fan forced) and line 1 1/2 muffin trays with paper cases
- Place the cubed butter into your thermomix and cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2 to melt the butter. If it hasn't quite melted after 2 minutes (cooking time will vary depending on the temperature of your butter to begin with), cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the self raising flour, brown sugar, milk, eggs and vanilla essence to your thermomix bowl (in that order) and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4.
- Scrape down the sides of your thermomix bowl and add the chocolate chip and miix for a further 10 seconds reverse to combine.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared paper cases and bake for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Allow the chocolate chip muffins to cool in the tins for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.