With the weather starting to cool down, there really is no better time to start making those delicious winter desserts. And our Thermomix Apple Pie is at the very top of my list!
Made from homemade Thermomix pastry, this apple pie is absolutely delicious. The flakey, crispy pastry will blow your mind… and really, is there anything better than a yummy apple filling!?
This is absolutely delicious on it’s own. OR you can make it a thousand times better by adding a good drizzle of custard or a big, big scoop of ice-cream (both are winners in our house).
- 1 quantity sweet shortcrust pastry
- 7-8 apples , peeled, cored and chopped
- ⅓ cup raw sugar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 3 tbs raw sugar , for sprinkling
- Prepare the sweet shortcrust pastry, knead into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and place into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius (170 if using fan forced)
- Grease a 24cm pie dish and set aside.
- Place the apple slices into the Varoma dish.
- Fill the TM bowl with 500g water and cook for 15 minutes, Speed 2, Varoma temperature.
- Sprinkle over the sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon and mix to combine.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and divide into two portions (make one portion slightly bigger than the other (about ⅔ to ⅓).
- Lightly flour a bench or board and roll the larger pastry portion out until it is 3mm thick.
- Place the pastry over the pie dish and press down so that it covers the base and sides.
- Drain any excess liquid from the apple mixture.
- Add the apple mixture to the pie dish and spread out evenly.
- Roll out the remaining pastry portion until it is 3mm thick.
- Place it over the top of the pie.
- Trim off any excess. (You might like to use the excess pastry to create a border or a shape in the middle).
- Brush the lightly beaten egg over the top of the pie. Sprinkle over the remaining raw sugar.
- Cut a couple of slits into the top of the pastry.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the pie pastry is lightly golden and crispy.