Thermomix Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls
It really couldn't be easier to make your own Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls in the Thermomix!
Servings 12 scrolls
- 300 grams self raising flour
- 90 grams butter
- ½ teaspoon salt optional
- 170 grams milk
- ¼ cup Vegemite at room temperature
- 150 grams Cheese
Preheat your oven to 210 degrees celsius (fan-forced) and line an oven tray with baking paper.
Place the flour, butter and salt into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on Speed 9 until mixture is the same consistency as bread crumbs.
Add the milk and mix for 7 seconds on Speed 4 to combine.
Select the Kneading Function and mix for 2 minutes.
Turn the dough out onto a floured bench and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until you have a 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
Spread the Vegemite over the dough, leaving a 2cm gap around the edges. Sprinkle the cheese - reserve approximately ¼ cup of cheese.
Cut into 12 slices – approximately 2cm thick.
Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese.
Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Make sure that your Vegemite is at room temperature before trying to spread it across the dough. If it’s too cold it will be difficult to spread smoothly and you may get holes in your dough.
- I use Tasty Cheese when making this recipe, however you can also use Cheddar, Mozzarella – or a combination of both!
- If you make your scrolls smaller/larger than specified in the recipe, the cooking time will vary.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 381mg | Potassium: 161mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 336IU | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 1mg