Donna Hay is one of my fave celeb chefs. Not only are her recipes super tasty, her food photography is incredible. All of her recipes and photos are totally drool worthy. As much as I love a classic zucchini slice, I’m always on the lookout for yummy variations. So of course, this Zucchini and Sweet Potato Loaf from Donna Hay caught my eye recently. I’ve adapted it for the Thermomix, so it’s incredibly quick and easy to whip up. Make it today and freeze the leftovers for when you’re madly dashing around and need lunch on the run!
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion , finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 tbs rosemary leaves , chopped
- 2 rashers bacon , chopped
- 300 g zucchini , grated
- 250 g sweet potato , peeled and grated
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan (I used ½ cup parmesan and ½ cup cheddar)
- 1 cup self raising flour , sifted
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 5 eggs , lightly beaten
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Add bacon and onion to the thermomix bowl and chop for 2 seconds on speed 6.
- Add olive oil, rosemary and garlic and cook for 4 minutes, reverse speed 2 on 80 degrees.
- Place bacon and onion mix into a bowl and set aside.
- Add zucchini and sweet potato to the thermomix bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 6.
- Add the parmesan, flour, bacon/onion mix, salt and pepper and mix to combine on reverse speed 3 for 15 seconds.
- Add the eggs and buttermilk and mix to combine on reverse speed 3 for 15 seconds.
- Spoon into a greased loaf tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden and a skewer comes out clean when tested.
- Allow to cool slightly.