With Christmas just around the corner (I know… I can’t believe it either!!), it’s time to start thinking about food – of course!
I’ve made this Thermomix Turkey & Cranberry Meatloaf quite a few times now (and not just at Christmas!) and it’s absolutely delicious. It’s also a lot cheaper than buying a turkey roast from the supermarket. PLUS it makes great leftovers for Boxing Day! It’s great served hot or cold – either with your traditional-style roast vegetables or a beautiful fresh salad.
This will take you no time at all to prepare and once it’s in the oven, feel free to kick back with a glass of wine and a magazine and congratulate yourself on your Martha Stewart-like cooking skills!
- 1 kg turkey mince
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 1 small brown onion , grated
- 1 apple , peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed (or 2 tsp of minced garlic)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to season
- 3/4 cup cranberry sauce , melted
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (160 if using fan-forced).
- Grease and line a 14cm X 21cm loaf pan with baking paper (making sure that the edges of the paper overhang).
- Mix the turkey mince, egg, onion, apple, garlic, parsley, bread crumbs, salt and pepper in the TM bowl on Reverse Speed 3 for 30-60 seconds or until completely combined - use the spatula to assist.
- Firmly press the meatloaf mixture into the loaf tin.
- Place half of the cranberry sauce into the microwave for 30-60 seconds or until melted and lightly bubbling.
- Gently spread the sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Cook for 1 hour or until completely cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and while still warm, melt the remaining sauce and spread over the top.
- Remove the meatloaf from the pan, cut into slices and serve.