This Thermomix Sweet Potato Loaf is the perfect sweet but savoury snack!
Our Thermomix Sweet Potato Loaf makes a great addition to the kids lunchboxes, an afternoon snack or you could even serve it with some pasta and veggies to turn it into a light meal! It’s a soft and dense loaf (which is quite soft in the middle) that is still sweet (thanks to the sweet potato) even though it doesn’t contain any added sugar.
This recipe was a hit with our toddler, although I did make a loaf just for him with no pepitas on top, however you can easily just pick them off for the older kids. If you don’t want to use baked sweet potato, you can also used leftover steamed or roasted sweet potato – enjoy!
Thermomix Sweet Potato Loaf
- 225 grams self raising flour
- 450 grams baked sweet potato
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp salt
- pepitas to decorate optional
- Pre-heat your oven to 190 degrees and peel and chop the sweet potato into 3cm pieces and place it on a roasting tray. Bake the sweet potato for 35 - 40 minutes or until it's soft. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat of your oven to 180 degrees and line the based and sides of a large loaf tin.
- Place the cooled sweet potato into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds, speed 4 to mash.
- Add the self raising flour, eggs, cinnamon, extra virgin olive oil, milk and salt to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds, speed 4 to combine.
- Scrape down the sides of the Thermomix bowl and mix for a further 6 seconds, speed 4 to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to your prepared loaf tin and gently smooth the surface. Sprinkle the pepitas over the top and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.