A healthy and nourishing Thermomix Sweet Potato, Carrot & Turmeric Soup... the perfect winter warmer recipe!
I have been LOVING making soups this winter. It's become my weekly routine to make a big batch on the weekend for lunches during the week.... and this Thermomix Sweet Potato, Carrot & Turmeric Soup is one of my absolute favourites!
The combination of the sweet potato and carrot makes this soup super healthy and delicious... while the spices (cumin, turmeric and chilli) give it a massive flavour boost. This soup requires hardly any preparation time (just 10 minutes) and so you can set and forget all about it while the Thermie does it's work!
And while we're chatting about Thermomix soup recipes, check out some more of our favourites here...
And of course no serve of soup would be complete without a slice of crusty bread to go with it! Get our yummy Turkish Pide recipe here.
Looking for more dinner ideas? Check out our Thermomix Dinners ebook bundle!
Available now in the ThermoBliss store.
Thermomix Sweet Potato, Carrot & Turmeric Soup
- 1 brown onion halved
- 20 g olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground chilli
- 600 g sweet potato peeled and roughly chopped
- 400 g carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 800 g liquid chicken stock (see notes)
- 300 g chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 15 g lemon juice
- Chop the onion for 5 seconds, Speed 6.
- Add the olive oil and minced garlic and saute for 2 minutes, 80 degrees, Speed 2.
- Add the ground turmeric, cumin and chilli and cook for an extra 1 minute, 80 degrees, Speed 2.
- Add the sweet potato and carrot and chop for 8 seconds, Speed 8. Cook for 5 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 2.
- Add the liquid chicken stock (see notes) and cook for 20 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 1 (place the rice basket over the MC hole to catch any splatters).
- Add the chickpeas and cook for a further 10 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 1 (with the rice basket over the MC hole).
- Allow to cool slightly, add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Very slowly increase to Speed 8 to puree (see notes).