There is no better time to make these Thermomix Strawberry and Cream Cupcakes as strawberries are just so cheap at the moment! This recipe is based on my favourite vanilla cupcake recipe, which is so easy to make in the Thermomix.
These cupcakes make the perfect afternoon tea treat and the kids will love helping you to decorate them. I used a piping bag to add my cream, however you can just use a spoon to add the cream to the top of the cupcakes if you prefer.
- 125 g butter
- ⅔ cup of caster sugar
- 1½ cups of self raising flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml of thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon of icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 250 g of fresh strawberries
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the flour, softened butter, sugar, vanilla extract, milk and eggs into your Thermomix bowl. Mix for 15 seconds on speed 5 before scraping the sides and mixing for a further 15 seconds on speed 5 or until the mixture is pale and smooth.
- Place the mixture into your prepared cupcake tray and place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes or until the cakes begin to turn golden on top and are cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the trays from the oven and allow the cakes to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In the meantime, to make the whipped cream place the the thickened cream, vanilla essence and icing sugar into a small bowl and whip until soft peaks form.
- Slice the strawberries into thirds lengthways and set aside until needed.
- Once the cakes have cooled completely, top with the whipped cream and strawberries – enjoy immediately.
To make these cupcakes even more special you could add some shaved chocolate to the top – yum!