I’m a sucker for the combination of spinach, cheese and pastry and after the delicious success of my Thermomix Spinach and Cheese Rolls, I decided to try these Thermomix Spinach and Cheese Parcels for something a little different.
These Thermomix Spinach and Cheese Parcels are filled to the brim with a spinach and a yummy three cheese mixture – because you can never have enough cheese right?!
They make a great easy lunch or snack and are perfect if you are entertaining friends and family. You can also make these in advance and pop them into the freezer until you need them.
Thermomix Spinach and Cheese ParcelsPrint Pin Rate
- 250 g of ricotta
- 100 g of feta
- 50 g of parmesan cheese finely grated
- 80 g of baby spinach leaves
- 1 egg
- 3 sheets of puff pastry – partially thawed
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of onion flakes
- salt and pepper
- poppy seeds – optional
- 1 egg to brush the rolls with.
- Line your two trays with baking paper and preheat your oven to 210 degrees.
- Cut the parmesan cheese into cubes no bigger than 3cm and place in your Thermomix bowl to mix for 10 seconds on speed 9 to grate.
- Add the ricotta, feta (broken into large pieces), baby spinach leaves, 1 egg, nutmeg, onion flakes and salt and pepper to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 15 seconds on speed 4 or until all of the ingredients have combined.
- Break the extra egg into a small bowl and lightly whisk.
- Place the partially thawed pastry sheets onto your bench and cut in half diagonally and then again so that you have four triangles.
- Brush each edge of the pastry with a little of the egg before adding approximately 2 tablespoons of the three cheese filling to the triangle. Try to arrange your three cheese filling so that when you fold the pastry over to cover it, the filling is spread out evenly.
- Fold the pastry in half to enclose the filling and use the edge of a fork to push the open sides of the pastry together.
- Brush with a little of the egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds if desired.
- Repeat process until all the pastry and three cheese mixture has been used - you may find you have enough filling leftover for a fourth sheet of pastry.
- Place the Spinach and Three Cheese Triangles into the oven to cook for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden and crispy.
- Serve immediately while still warm