Snickerdoodles really are the perfect little cookie! They have the most delicious vanilla and cinnamon flavour – seriously, once you try one, you’ll be addicted!
These are great to have with a cuppa, but they’re also a really yummy lunchbox treat. If you’re after a big batch of cookies, this recipe can easily be doubled.
When you cook these Thermomix Snickerdoodles, they will spread a LOT! So make sure you spread them out on your baking trays. Also, you’ll notice that they’ll puff up while baking but will then flatten out – this is totally normal! You can freeze the cookie dough which is really handy if you’re getting organised over the weekend or school holidays.
Have you made Thermomix Snickerdoodles yet?!
- 115 g butter , room temperature
- 180 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 165 g plain flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbs ground cinnamon
- Extra 30g caster sugar
- Insert the butterfly into the TM bowl.
- Add the room temperature butter, caster sugar and vanilla extract and mix on Speed 3 for 90 seconds (scrape down the sides of the bowl partway through).
- Take the butterfly out of the TM bowl. Add the egg and mix on Speed 5 for 10 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat for a further 10 seconds.
- Add the plain flour, cream of tartar, bi-carb soda and salt and mix on Speed 4 for 20 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat for a further 10 seconds.
- At this stage the mixture will be quite sticky - place it into a bowl and then into the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cinnamon sugar coating by placing the cinnamon and extra caster sugar into the TM bowl and mixing for 5 seconds on Speed 8.
- Place the cinnamon sugar into a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Remove the cookie dough from the fridge.
- Roll the dough into teaspoon-sized balls and then coat in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Allow a 5cm gap between each snickerdoodle on the baking trays as they will spread.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10mins or until the cookies appear slightly puffed, lightly golden and set in the middle.
- Leave the snickerdoodles to cool on baking tray for 10 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.