I'm a big fan of fruity slices - and I just love how the tart raspberries in this Thermomix Raspberry & Almond Slice cut through the sweetness of the base and topping. It really is the most perfect slice!
This slice is a bit of a twist on a Bakewell Tart... but with a few little changes (including of course, the fact that it's a slice!!).
There really is nothing better to have with your afternoon cuppa! It's also completely delicious served warm with a scoop of ice-cream or a drizzle of cream. YUM!
We hope you love this Thermomix Raspberry & Almond Slice as much as we do!
- For the base:
- 300 g plain flour
- 90 g brown sugar
- 60 g almond meal
- 190 g butter , at room temp
- 150 g good quality raspberry jam
- 250 g raspberries (fresh or defrosted)
- For the topping:
- 125 g butter
- 125 g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 150 g almond meal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30 g flaked almonds , for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (160 fan-forced).
- Grease and line a 28 X 20cm rectangular slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the plan flour, brown sugar, almond meal and softened butter into the TM bowl.
- Mix on Speed 3 until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs (you'll need to scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally).
- Press the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 10-15 minutes or until just lightly golden.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Press over the raspberry jam and sprinkle over the raspberries.
- Place the butter and caster sugar into the TM bowl and mix on Speed 4 until light and pale (you'll need to scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally).
- Add the egg and mix for a further 5 seconds or until combined.
- Add the almond meal and vanilla extract and mix for a further 10 seconds or until combined.
- Run a metal spoon under hot water and then dry it off.
- Use the hot, dry spoon to carefully spread the almond mixture over the top of the raspberries (the hot spoon will help to spread the mixture - you may need to reheat it a couple of times).
- Sprinkle over the flaked almonds and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean (with just some raspberries on it!).
- Allow the slice to cool in the tin before cutting into small pieces.