Our Thermomix Pesto & Cheese Scrolls are made using the famous 2 ingredient dough recipe… a quick and easy lunch box recipe!
Hands up if you’re after:
- a quick and easy savoury snack
- something that can be made ahead and frozen
- a lunch box alternative to sandwiches
- an on-the-go snack that the kids will love too
…. well our Thermomix Pesto & Cheese Scrolls are exactly what you need!
Thermomix 2 Ingredient Dough Recipe
Our Pesto & Cheese Scrolls are made using the famous 2 ingredient dough recipe. All you need is:
- greek yoghurt
- self-raising flour
…. that’s it!!!
Pesto & Cheese Scrolls
I generally make these using a jar of store-bought basil pesto… but if you want to make your own pesto from scratch, go for it!!!!
If you’re using a store-bought version, go for a good-quality jar (I use Barilla Genovese – they also have a yummy sundried tomato pesto that works great with this recipe too!).
And then it’s just a matter or grating over your favourite cheese, rolling the dough and filling up, cutting into individual scrolls and baking!
More Thermomix Lunch Box Recipes
Check out our ThermoBliss: Lunch Box Book Bundle for over 40 munching on the run recipes.
Thermomix Pesto & Cheese Scrolls
- 280 g greek yoghurt
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 150 g basil pesto store-bought or homemade
- 150 g cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius (200 degrees if using fan-forced).
- Place the greek yoghurt and self raising flour into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds, Speed 4, to combine.
- Mix on Interval (kneading function) for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle extra flour over a board or bench. Add the dough and roll out to 1cm thick.
- Spread the pesto over the dough and sprinkle over the grated cheese.
- Roll up the dough, starting from one side until you have a long tube. Using a sharp knife, cut the roll into 3cm slices.
- Place the slices cut side up on a baking tray (leave a small gap in between each scroll).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden (and hollow sounding when tapped).
- Leave on a wire rack to cool and then place into an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- *The scrolls can be frozen in an airtight container or sealable plastic bags.