I have to say that this Thermomix Peach Cake is one of my absolute favourites. Not only does it taste great (especially with a cup of tea at 3pm), it's also ridiculously easy to make.
Yep, you simply add all of the ingredients into your Thermomix bowl and mix together for 30 seconds (scraping the sides after 20 seconds). Then it's just a matter of pouring the cake batter into the tin and arranging the peaches on top.
Honestly, this cake will take you less than 5 minutes to prepare - which is really my kind of thing when it comes to cakes!!
You might notice that this cake doesn't have any icing or frosting. Well, that's because it just doesn't need it. The beautiful flavours from the yoghurt and peaches are more than enough. What is really delicious though, is a big scoop of vanilla or natural yoghurt on top. OMG that is SO good!
- 165 g caster sugar
- 1 lemon zest , grated
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 180 g vanilla yoghurt
- 130 g vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 275 g plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1 X 820g tin sliced peaches , drained
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
- Grease and line a 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients (except for the peaches) into the TM bowl.
- Mix together on Speed 5 for 20 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 10 seconds.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared tin.
- Arrange the peach slices on top.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- If your cake needs extra cooking time, but the top is already golden, simply add a sheet of foil over the top and continue to bake in the oven.