These Thermomix Orange and Sultana Cakes couldn't be easier to make and your kids are going to love them!
This Thermomix Orange and Sultana Cakes Recipe is based on these Orange and Sultana Muffins that I first shared on my blog quite a few years ago (check out how little my now 6 ½ year old is!!!) and since then we've made these countless times as they really are a family favourite.
All of my boys LOVE 'Tarnies' as they like to call sultanas, so it's no wonder they enjoy these cakes. You can make these Thermomix Orange and Sultana Cakes either using a regular muffin tin (lined with paper cases) or you can also use a mini loaf baking tray which will give you around 12 mini Orange and Sultana Cakes.
You can also choose to use either freshly squeezed or bottle orange juice for this recipe, it really doesn't make too much of a difference. I *may* have been known to even use an orange popper before!
Thermomix Orange and Sultana Cakes
- 125 grams butter softened
- 140 grams caster sugar
- 225 grams self raising flour
- ½ cup orange juice you can use either fresh or bottled
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 grams sultanas
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- Place the softened butter, caster sugar, self-raising flour, orange juice, eggs and vanilla extract into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds, speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 10 seconds, speed 4 or until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove your Thermomix bowl from the machine and add the sultanas, stir them through with your spatula before filling the muffin cases you prepared earlier until they are ⅔ filled.
- Place the muffin trays into your pre-heated oven and bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow the cakes to cool in the tins for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
For more great kids snacks, make sure you check out our Thermomix Lunch Box Snacks
print book - you can also view all of our print and eBooks here.