This Thermomix Nut & Seed Toasted Muesli is one of my very favourite things to have for breakfast. It's such a great, versatile recipe - you really can mix and match with any seeds and nuts you like.
Sometimes I'll just add a splash of milk and some sliced banana to my muesli, but other times I love sprinkling a handful over some greek yoghurt with fresh berries. It really is so delicious.
This is a super easy recipe, but my only tip is to make sure you don't overcook the muesli! No-one likes the taste of burnt muesli!!! Don't worry that it's not crispy when you take it out of the oven, it will crisp up on cooling.
You can keep this toasted muesli in an airtight container in the cupboard for up to a week and it will stay nice and crunchy.
Thermomix Nut & Seed Toasted Muesli
- 1 cup mixed nuts , roughly chopped (macadamia, almond, walnut, cashews etc)
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 3 tbs rice malt syrup
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup seeds (pepita, sunflower etc)
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- Place the mixed nuts into the TM bowl and press Turbo 1-3 times (depending on how chunky you would like your nuts to be).
- Remove and set aside.
- Place the coconut oil and rice malt syrup into the TM bowl and melt on 100 degrees, Speed 2 for 1 minute.
- Add the rolled oats, chopped nuts, seeds, coconut flakes (optional) and cinnamon into the TM bowl and mix on Reverse Speed 2 for 20 seconds (or until completely combined).
- Pour the muesli into a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muesli has just started to turn a light golden colour (give it a stir every 5 minutes with a spoon so that it cooks evenly).
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.