The most delicious Thermomix Lemon & Blueberry Cake smothered with cream cheese frosting and sprinkled with fresh blueberries... YUM!
Say hello to one of the most delicious and moist cakes you'll ever make. Yep, this super simple, extra yummy little thing is my very favourite Thermomix Lemon & Blueberry Cake. It's everything you want in a quick and easy cake... and so much more!
Oh and lets not forget the slathering of cream cheese frosting. I could seriously eat that all day (and I highly recommend taste testing as you go... you know... for quality control and all that!).
So next time you need a yummy, delicious and simple cake in your life (umm... everyday!), make sure you try our Thermomix Lemon & Blueberry Cake - it's just the best!!
Simple Thermomix Lemon & Blueberry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- zest of 2 lemons
- 180 g butter , softened
- 225 g self raising flour
- 180 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 g creme fraiche
- 300 g fresh or frozen blueberries
- For the frosting:
- 150 g cream cheese
- 80 g icing sugar
- extra blueberries , for decoration
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the lemon rind into the Thermomix bowl and grate on Speed 10 for 10 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat until finely grated.
- Add all of the other cake ingredients (except for the creme fraiche and blueberries) and mix on Speed 4, 20 seconds (MC removed).
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat for a further 20 seconds.
- Add the creme fraiche and mix for 10 seconds, Speed 4.
- Add the blueberries and mix on Reverse, Speed 2, 20 seconds or until combined (use the spatula to help mix).
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, place the cream cheese and icing sugar into the Thermomix bowl and mix on Speed 4, 20 seconds (MC removed).
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat for a further 20 seconds or until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled cake and sprinkle with fresh blueberries.