A deliciously crispy Thermomix Italian Sausage, Tomato & Basil Pizza… the perfect recipe for pizza night! This is a guaranteed family favourite!
It’s pretty rare for me to share a dinner recipe on ThermoBliss. Don’t get me wrong… I love my Thermie when it comes to the fun stuff like baking cakes, slices, desserts and biscuits… but I am NOT a fan of cooking dinner. Which obviously sucks given that we do actually need to eat dinner… every. single. night.
Anyway, a lot of the dinner recipes I share on here are my hubby’s ones. Thankfully, he doesn’t mind cooking dinner (thank god!!!). And this Thermomix Italian Sausage, Tomato & Basil Pizza is one of his creations.
To make this Thermomix Italian Sausage, Tomato & Basil Pizza, he makes the same base as always. We find that it makes 1 big pizza and about 4-5 mini pizzas (that our toddler loves). Then he tops it with ALL the good things – pork sausage mince, bocconcini, fresh tomato, fresh basil and the secret ingredient…. Kewpie (Japanese) mayo. Mmmm – it’s seriously drool worthy!
I hope you enjoy this pizza as much as we do (it’s such a winner that at the moment it’s on weekly rotation in our house!!!).
Thermomix Italian Sausage, Tomato & Basil Pizza
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 220 g warm water
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 400 g plain flour (or Bakers flour)
- 30 g olive oil
- 1 tso salt
- 2 tbs pizza sauce
- 4 pork sausages
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1-2 fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 200 g bocconcini
- bunch of fresh basil leaves
- Kewpie (Japanese) mayo, to serve
- To make the pizza dough, heat the yeast and water for 1 minute, 37 degrees, Speed 1.
- Add the sugar, plain flour, olive oil and salt and mix for 6 seconds, Speed 6.
- Knead for 1 and ½ minutes on interval speed.
- Knead on a floured board into a ball.
- Place into a lightly greased Thermoserver (or bowl) and place into a warm spot for 30 minutes or until doubled in size). If using a bowl, make sure you cover it with a tea towel to keep the heat in.
- Knead the dough on the floured board again.
- Roll out to make a large 32cm dough circle.
- Place the dough onto the tray and spread over the pizza sauce.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
- Squeeze the pork sausages out of the skin and mix on a bowl with the chilli flakes. Cook in a frying pan over medium-high heat in small balls until brown.
- Add the cooked pork and sliced tomatoes to the pizza and cook for 10 minutes (or until the base is almost cooked).
- Add the bocconcini and cook until melted and the base is crispy (approximately 5-10 minutes).
- Top with fresh basil and Kewpie mayo and serve immediately.