Our Thermomix Healthy Chocolate Rice Bubble Slice recipe is a great alternative to our classic Rice Bubble Slice recipe!
This Thermomix Healthy Chocolate Rice Bubble Slice recipe is not only a great slice for the kids, but it's also a yummy sweet treat for the adults too - I must admit that I like to store a few pieces in a separate container in the fridge for just myself to enjoy! Although I do love our 3 Ingredient Rice Bubble Slice and this Peanut Butter Rice Bubble Slice recipes, this Chocolate version is my favourite of the three, as a small piece of it gives you a delicious, chewy and crunchy chocolate hit.
There really isn't much to do when it comes to putting this recipe together, simply cook your liquid ingredients in your Thermomix bowl and then add the remaining ingredients and mix. You can pour this slice into a regular slice tin (as I've specified in the recipe) or you can also divide the mixture between 2 x 6 silicon mini loaf trays to easily create individual bars.
For more easy and healthy snack recipes for the entire family, check our our Tasty Tummies Healthy Snacks book - also available in a bundle pack too.
Thermomix Healthy Chocolate Rice Bubble Slice
- 50 grams medjool dates seed removed
- 130 grams coconut oil liquid
- 120 grams rice malt syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 40 grams desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 15 grams cacao powder
- 160 grams rice bubbles or similar
- Line an 18 x 28cm slice tin with baking paper - making sure you eave paper hanging over the edges to help you remove the slice once it has set.
- Place the medjool dates into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds, speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the coconut oil, rice malt syrup and vanilla extract and cook for 6 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2.
- Add the chia seeds, cacao powder, coconut and rice bubbles and mix for 15 seconds, speed 4, REVERSE.
- Scrape down the sides of the Thermomix bowl and mix for a further 5 seconds, speed 4, REVERSE to make sure the rice bubbles have been completed covered by the melted mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into your prepared baking tin and flatten the surface using the back of a spoon.
- Place the slice into the fridge for 3 hours to chill before removing and cutting into squares.