These Thermomix Ham and Zucchini Pikelets make a great meal or lunchbox snack for the kids!
My kids LOVE pikelets, but when they’ve got a thick layer of jam or honey slathered on top, they really aren’t the healthiest snack option. I came up with these Thermomix Ham and Zucchini Pikelets recipe as a way to smuggle some extra goodness into the kids in a form that they will eat!
You can adapt this recipe to suit the tastes of your family, we also a ham, cheese and corn version as well as zucchini, carrot and corn. These Thermomix Ham and Zucchini Pikelets are freezer friendly, simply store them in a freezer safe container for up to two months. They are perfect for lunch boxes as well and I will just pop a couple of frozen pikelets into our little guys lunchbox and they are ready to eat by morning tea time.
Thermomix Ham and Zucchini Pikelets
- 190 grams self raising flour
- 70 grams cheese
- 200 ml milk
- 60 grams butter
- 1 egg
- 80 grams shaved ham Torn into large pieces
- 1 zucchini small
- pinch salt and pepper
- 50 grams butter extra for greasing the pan
- Chop the zucchini into 3cm pieces and place into your Thermomix bowl. Blitz for 5 seconds on speed 5 to grate. Set aside until needed.
- Without washing the bowl, place the cheese (which has been cut into 3cm cubes) into your Thermomix bowl. Grate for 6 seconds on speed 8 and set aside until needed.
- Without washing the bowl, place the butter into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2 to melt. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the self raising flour, grated cheese, milk, egg, shaved ham, grated zucchini and a pinch of salt and pepper to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down the sides of your bowl and mix for a further 5 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
- Add a little of the extra butter to your frying pan and heat over a medium heat. Add a desert spoon of the pikelet mixture to your pan until it's full and cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles begin to form on top of the pikelet. Flip the pikelet over and cook for a further 1 -2 minutes on the other side. Transfer your cooked pikelets to a thermoserver to keep warm.
- Continue until you have used all of your pikelet mixture.