This Thermomix Ginger Loaf is so simple to put together and is perfect with a cup of tea or as a special treat in the kids lunch box!
This Thermomix Ginger Loaf has quickly become one of my go to recipes whenever I'm looking for something quick and easy to whip up for afternoon tea or the kids lunch boxes. It 's a lovely dense loaf with a subtle ginger flavour which makes it perfect for the kids.
It's a great treat to enjoy as is or you can try lightly toasting it under the grill and then smother it with butter, it's sooooo good - I promise! This recipe really doesn't take very long to put together and you can also freeze any leftovers (if there are any!) for up to two months.
Thermomix Ginger Loaf
- 125 grams butter
- 235 grams golden syrup
- 125 grams brown sugar
- 225 grams plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp ginger
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and line the base and sides of a deep loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter, golden syrup, brown sugar and bicarbonate of soda into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 3 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2 or until melted and ingredients have combined.
- Add the flour, eggs, ginger, mixed spice and cinnamon and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 5 seconds on speed 4.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin you prepared earlier and bake for 55 minutes or until the ginger loaf is cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Allow the ginger loaf to cool in the baking tin for 15 minutes before carefully turning it out onto a wire rack to cool completely