These Thermomix Dotty Biscuits are the perfect fun lunch box or after school treat for the kids! This biscuit recipe is also super versatile and you can decorate them with your favourite treats, 100’s and 1000’s or even drizzle a little bit of melted chocolate over them – yum!
This recipe makes around 24 Dotty Biscuits, however you can use a teaspoon to scoop up the mixture if you would like to make your biscuits smaller for the little kids. You can also make the dough for these biscuits a day in advance, just wrap it well in cling wrap and keep in the fridge. When you are ready to make your Thermomix Dotty Biscuits, simply sit the dough on your kitchen bench for 20 minutes or so to let it soften a little until it can be rolled easily.
- 125 of butter – softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 220 g of caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 300 g of plain flour
- 85 g of desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Family size pack of Smarties
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees.
- Place the butter and caster sugar into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 30 seconds on speed 6.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
- Add the flour, coconut and baking powder and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4 or until combined. Stop after 10 seconds to scrape down the sides.
- Scoop up tablespoon sized balls of the cookie mixture and place onto your prepared baking trays. Flatten the surface of the biscuits slightly and decorate with smarties and place in the oven to bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the dotty biscuits from the oven and let them cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes before carefully transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
What would you decorate these biscuits with?