Looking for an easy snack? These Thermomix Coconut Pikelets are for you!
Recently when the kids asked if we could make 'little pancakes' for our morning tea, I decided to mix things up a little and add some coconut milk and shredded coconut to our favourite Thermomix Pikelet recipe.
The result was these gorgeous and perfectly flavoured Thermomix Coconut Pikelets and both the kids and I couldn't get enough of them! We served them with a little bit of maple syrup, extra shredded coconut and some fresh blueberries and banana slices, but they are also great topped with strawberry jam or eaten on their own.
This recipe makes around 24 Coconut Pikelets, so you can make a batch for afternoon tea and the kids can take the leftovers (if there are any!) to school the next day.
- 190 g of self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- 60 g of butter
- 40 g of shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- Sprinkle of salt
- extra butter to add to your pan.
- Put the butter into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2 or until melted.
- Add the self raising flour, caster sugar, shredded coconut, coconut milk, egg and a sprinkle of salt and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5.
- Preheat your frying pan with a little bit of butter over a medium high heat and add tablespoon amounts of the pikelet mixture.
- When bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pikelets, carefully flip them over and cook for a further 30 seconds on the other side before transferring to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Continue until you have used all of the pikelet mixture.
- Serve these pikelets warm with your choice of toppings.