If you need a quick and easy Christmas dessert (or a cheeky treat to take to a end of year party!) then our Thermomix Christmas Mint Balls are for you.
They only take a couple of minutes to whip up in the Thermomix… and then it’s simply a matter of rolling them into balls and dipping them into chocolate. These Thermomix Christmas Mint Balls are made from white chocolate Tim Tams and peppermint crisp bars… along with some cream cheese! They have a subtle minty flavour, but you can add a bit of peppermint extract for an extra flavour punch!
I decorated these balls with some leftover melted white chocolate coloured with green food dye. However, you can use green and red M&Ms instead – or even just shake some sprinkles over the top. Too easy!
- 300 g white chocolate Tim Tam biscuits
- 3 X 35g Peppermint Crisp bars
- 1 tsp peppermint extract (optional)
- 250 g cream cheese , softened
- 300 g white chocolate , for dipping
- Place white chocolate Tim Tams and Peppermint Crisp bars into the TM bowl and crush on Turbo until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Add the cream cheese and peppermint extract (optional) and mix on Reverse Speed 2 until well combined (scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally).
- Roll into 1 inch sized balls and place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place chocolate into a clean TM bowl and melt on 50 degrees, Speed 3, 2-3 minutes, scraping the sides occasionally.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a bowl.
- Place the truffles into the bowl of melted chocolate (in batches) and use two forks to roll the truffles around until they are completely coated.
- Remove truffles with the forks and allow any excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place back onto the baking paper lined tray and decorate with your choice of toppings (ie. sprinkles, extra drizzled chocolate).
- Place into the fridge to set for 1 hour.