Our healthy Thermomix Chocolate Orange Bliss Balls take just 10 minutes to make and are the perfect freezer-friendly snack!
Bliss balls are always a massive hit in our house (especially with my little 3 year old!). They’re so quick and easy to make, are the perfect snack on the go (or for car-trips!)… plus they’re healthy!
These Thermomix Chocolate Orange Bliss Balls are based on this original recipe by Changing Habits but I’ve modified the quantities a little to suit my taste preferences and have also included Thermomix instructions. Even if you’re a little unsure of using the turmeric, please, please do! You can’t really taste it but it makes the bliss balls AMAZING!
I really think the two star ingredients in these balls are the orange zest and the sea salt. You need that good pinch of sea salt to make all of the flavours mix together perfectly.. and the orange zest adds a bit of freshness. YUM!
We have SO many bliss ball recipes on ThermoBliss now… you can check them all out here. But these Thermomix Chocolate Orange Bliss Balls are definitely up there as some of my current faves!
For more great lunch box recipes, check out our Thermomix Lunch Box Cookbook.
‘ThermoBliss Lunch Box’ is packed full of 29 sweet and savoury lunch box recipes that are easy to prepare, freezer-friendly, school-friendly… and of course, kid-approved!
Thermomix Chocolate Orange Bliss Balls
- 200 g roasted almonds
- 100 g pitted dates (see notes)
- 40 g cacao nibs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- zest and juice of 1 and a 1/2 oranges
- good pinch of sea salt (see notes)
- 50 g shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the almonds, pitted dates and cacao nibs into the Thermomix bowl. Pulse for 5-10 seconds on Turbo speed (or until finely chopped).
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse again on Turbo speed for a further 5-10 seconds or until the mixture can easily be rolled into firm balls (see notes).
- Roll the mixture into balls and place into an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.