This Chocolate Hazelnut Slice recipe is from my Mum and was one of the very first no bake slice recipes I ever tried when I first moved out of home. This slice is certainly not for those of us watching what we eat, but if you are looking for a guilty little treat - it's the perfect slice for you!
When I got my Thermomix this was one of the very first slice recipes that I converted and while it's super easy to make conventionally, thanks to the Thermomix you can be enjoying this slice in even less time.
- 250 g of Arrowroot biscuits
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 300 g of condensed milk
- 125 g of butter
- 100 g flaked almonds
- 220 g block of Cadbury Hazelnut chocolate
- 60 g of copha
- Line a slice tray with baking paper.
- Place the biscuits into the Thermomix bowl and pulse 5 times (check if there are any really big chunks and break them up if needed). Set the crushed biscuits aside.
- Place the butter, golden syrup and condensed milk into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 2 minutes, 70 degrees, Speed 2 or until melted and combined.
- Under a low heat grill, lightly toast the almonds.
- Add the crushed biscuits and flaked almonds to Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on Speed 3 Reverse to combine.
- Spoon mixture into slice tray and press down with the back of a spoon until mixture is firm. Place in fridge for approximately one hour to cool.
- Break the chocolate into the Thermomix bowl and melt with the copha on Speed 2, 50 degrees for 4 minutes.
- Remove slice tray from fridge and pour melted chocolate over the base. Place slice back into the fridge until it's almost set (approximately 2 hours) before cutting into pieces