Looking for a last minute Christmas dessert? These easy Thermomix Chocolate Cream Christmas Cupcakes are for you!
This is a fun Christmas twist using our favourite Thermomix Chocolate Cupcake recipe and makes as yummy dessert which your friends and family will love. It’s also a great recipe to get the kids involved with, they will love filling the cupcakes with cream and adding the decorations.
We recently made these for our Mother’s Group Christmas Party and they were a HUGE hit with all of the guests – admittedly the kids were more interested in the lollies and licking the cream out of the cupcakes though!! You can make these cupcakes a day or two in advance and then fill them with cream and decorate on the day you need them – too easy!
- 125 g butter , softened
- 175 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 190 g of self raising flour
- 30 g of cocoa
- 160 g of milk
- 150 g of thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 12 red smarties
- 12 spearmint leaves
- Preheat your oven to 170°C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake holders.
- Place the butter into your Thermomix bowl and cook on 60 degrees, 2 minutes, Speed 4 or until melted.
- Add the caster sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, self raising flour, cocoa and milk and mix for 30 seconds on Speed 5.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cupcake cases and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked when tested.
- Leave in the pan to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, place the thickened cream and vanilla essence into a clean Thermomix bowl and mix on speed 6 for 5 - 10 seconds until whipped.
- Cut out a small round hole in the centre of each cupcake and fill with a little of the whipped cream. Then decorate with a red smart and a spearmint leaf which has been cut in half to create the little holly leaf decorations.