Our Thermomix Chocolate Bunny Cupcakes are the cutest Easter treat!
As soon as I spot Malteaster Bunnies in the shops I just can't help myself and have to buy them! They are seriously my FAVOURITE Easter chocolate, most likely this is because I'm also a HUGE fan of Maltesers too!!
These Thermomix Chocolate Bunny Cupcakes combine my love of Malteaster bunnies with our favourite Chocolate Cupcake recipe and the result is something really cute and delicious. These cupcakes make a great Easter activity for the kids (just make sure they don't try to eat all of the Malteaster bunnies like mine do!) and they are just perfect for your Easter celebrations.
Our Tips for making our Thermomix Chocolate Bunny Cupcakes include:
- The time it takes to grate the chocolate/melt the butter can vary depending on the temperature of your ingredients.
- We used a pack of mini Malteaster Bunnies for this recipe, however you can also use the larger ones which are sold individually as well.
- You can use either milk or dark chocolate for the frosting.
- The chocolate cupcakes can be frozen before they are iced and decorate.
Thermomix Chocolate Bunny Cupcakes
- 125 grams butter softened
- 170 grams caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 165 grams self raising flour
- 35 grams cocoa
- 165 grams milk
Chocolate Frosting and Decorations
- 130 grams dark chocolate broken into squares
- 130 grams butter , softened
- 220 grams icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbs milk
- 12 Malteaster bunnies
- 100s and 1000s
- Preheat your oven to 170°C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the butter into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 3 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2.
- Add the remaining cupcake ingredients and mix for 15 seconds on Speed 5. Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and mix for a further 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Transfer the mixture to your paper cases and fill until ⅔ full.
- Place the cupcakes into the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Carefully remove the muffin tray for the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place onto a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the Chocolate Frosting
- Break the chocolate into squares and place into your Thermomix bowl. Grate for 6 seconds on speed 6.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and cook for 3 minutes, 50 degrees, speed 1 - or until melted.
- Add the butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5.
- Check the frosting and if it’s too hard, add 1 tbs of milk and mix for a further 10 seconds on Speed 5 (repeat until the frosting is smooth and easy to spread).
- Ice each of the cooled cupcakes with the frosting (you want them to be completely cooled) and decorate with a Malteaster Bunny and 100s and 1000s.