One of my favourite slices growing up was my Nan’s Choc Cherry Slice, to me it was better than a store bought Cherry Ripe! This Thermomix Choc Cherry Slice is filled to the brim with yummy cherries, creamy coconut and topped off with a layer of milk chocolate – what more could you want?!
This Thermomix Choc Cherry Slice is so easy to make, and it the hardest part about it is waiting for the slice to set!
- 1 pack of Chocolate Ripple biscuits- or similar
- 110 g of butter - melted
- 200 g of glace cherries
- 395 g of condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cups (200g) of desiccated coconut
- 200 g of milk chocolate
- Line a 28 x 18cm slice tin with banking paper, make sure you leave plenty of paper hanging over the edges to help you remove the Cherry Ripe Slice from the tin.
- Place the butter into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 3 or until it has melted.
- Add the chocolate ripple biscuits and blitz for 10 seconds on speed 7 or until the biscuits are crumbed and the ingredients have combined.
- Pour the biscuit mixture into your prepared tin and push down with the back of a metal spoon to flatten the surface, before popping into the fridge.
- Put the glace cherries into a clean Thermomix bowl and blitz for 2 seconds on speed 4 to chop - if you want your cherries to be smaller simply blitz for longer.
- Add the condensed milk and coconut and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4, scraping the sides of the bowl halfway through.
- Pour the glace cherry mixture onto the chilled biscuit base and flatten with the back of a metal spoon to smooth the surface. Place the slice into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Break the milk chocolate into pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 second spurts until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the no bake Cherry Ripe Slice and put back into the fridge until it's set.
- Cut into small pieces and enjoy.
What was your favourite slice recipe growing up?