Love Cherry Ripes? Well these Thermomix Cherry Ripe Biscuits are for you! Packed full of yummy Cherry Ripe pieces, they also contain both milk chocolate and cocoa which makes them perfect for all the chocoholics out there!
I came up with the idea for these biscuits after the delicious success that was these Thermomix Snickers Biscuits. When it comes to what type of chocolate bar you add to these biscuits, the sky is really the limit, as you can add practically anything!
When making these biscuits in the Thermomix, I find it easiest to melt the chocolate in the microwave (or over a pot of boiling water if you prefer) and to chop my Cherry Ripe pieces by hand. This way the chocolate can be melted just before it's needed, which makes it so much easier to combine in your Thermomix.
- 110 g unsalted butter softened
- 90 g of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 150 g of plain flour sifted
- 35 g cocoa powder sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 125 g milk chocolate
- 4 large Cherry Ripe Bars
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and line two tray with baking paper.
- Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave and set aside until needed.
- Place the butter and brown sugar into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 30 seconds on speed 6.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and the melted milk chocolate and mix for 20 seconds on speed 3 or until combined. Stop after 10 seconds to scrape down the sides and mix for a further 5 – 10 seconds on speed 3 if not combined.
- Add the Cherry Ripes which have been chopped into small pieces and mix for 20 seconds on speed 3. If the mixture has not quite combined, mix for a further 5 seconds on speed 3. Place the mixture into the fridge for 15 minutes to chill as it will be quite soft.
- Scoop up tablespoon sized balls of the biscuit mixture and place onto your prepared baking trays. Flatten the surface of the biscuits slightly and place in the oven to bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the biscuits from the oven and let them cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes before carefully transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
What Chocolate Bar would you use when making these biscuits?