A super simple Thermomix Blueberry & Lemon Tart... the perfect dessert (or cheeky mid-morning treat!).
One of the best things about a Thermomix is how simple it is to make your own homemade pastry. And we all know that once you've had homemade pastry, it is very, very hard to go back. Think... flakey, crispy... totally delicious!
This Thermomix Blueberry & Lemon Tart really does have the best of both worlds.. super yummy pastry and a totally deliciously tangy and sweet filling. YUM!
You can serve this Thermomix Blueberry & Lemon Tart warm or cold - either way it's so good. And hey, if you need some more Thermomix dessert inspiration, we have got you sorted! Check out our entire collection of Thermomix desserts here.
Thermomix Blueberry & Lemon Tart
For the pastry:
- 250 g plain flour
- 40 g caster sugar
- 150 g chilled butter, chopped
- 2-3 tbs iced water
For the tart filling:
- 200 g blueberries (see note)
- 4 eggs
- 140 g caster sugar
- 150 g thickened cream
- juice from 2 lemons
- 2 tbs lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
- Place the flour, caster sugar and butter into the Thermomix bowl and mix on Speed 6, 10 seconds (it should resemble breadcrumbs).
- Add 2 tbs iced water and knead for 1 minute on Interval speed. If the dough is too crumbly to knead into a ball, add the remaining 1 tbs iced water and knead on Interval speed for a further 30 seconds.
- Knead the dough into a ball on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll the dough into a flat rectangle and place evenly into a 23cm tart tin. Poke the bottom evenly with a fork and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden.
- Place the blueberries onto the cooked pastry and set aside.
- To make the filling, place the eggs, caster sugar, cream and lemon juice into the Thermomix bowl. Mix on Speed 10, 30 seconds. Carefully pour the mixture through a sieve to remove any lumps.
- Stir through the lemon zest and pour the mixture into the tart tin.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes or until set in the middle. Remove and allow to cool completely in the tin.
- Serve with sifted icing sugar, a dollop of cream or a scoop of ice-cream.