These Thermomix Banana and Passionfruit Cakes are the cutest (and most delicious!) morning or afternoon tea treat!
If you are looking for a fun twist on banana bread, these Thermomix Banana and Passionfruit Cakes are for you! The addition of passionfruit and coconut to my favourite Thermomix Banana Bread recipe turned a classic (but still totally delicious!) recipe into something really special.
If you can’t get your hands on fresh passionfruit, you can simply use a tin of passionfruit instead. Sprinkling a little extra coconut over the top of these cakes before baking gives your cakes a yummy toasted coconut flavour which goes perfectly with the passionfruit and banana. I like to use shredded coconut when making this recipe, but you can use desiccated (or even leave it out!) if you prefer.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a mini loaf tin, you can also make these into muffins, just check them after 15 minutes in the oven.
Thermomix Banana and Passionfruit Cakes
- 220 grams plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 110 grams brown sugar
- 75 grams caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30 grams coconut plus extra to decorate
- 2 passionfruit Use 3 if your passionfruit is small.
- 2 eggs
- 125 mls coconut oil liquid
- 3 bananas the softer the better!
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and place 2 x 6 hole mini loaf tins on your bench.
- Place the bananas (which have been broken in half), coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract and the pulp and seeds from 1 passionfruit into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5 to combine.
- Scrape down the sides of your bowl and add the plain flour, baking powder, cinnamon, brown sugar, caster sugar and coconut and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4.
- Divide the mixture between the mini loaf tins and sprinkle with a little extra coconut if you wish. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Drizzle the extra passionfruit over the top of the cakes while they are still warm - optional.