If you’re anything like us, dinner during the week needs to be quick, easy and completely no-fuss. And this Thermomix Bacon & Vegetable Quiche ticks all of those boxes… and so many more!
I love that this recipe is so versatile. I always make it whenever we have leftover vegetables in the fridge (leftover potato, pumpkin, sweet potato etc are all great!). And then I like to add in some frozen peas or corn… and of course, bacon!
The best thing about this crustless quiche is that you don’t need to muck around with pastry – the self-raising flour gives it the perfect texture.
So tell me, what are your favourite fast and easy midweek meals?
- 100 g tasty cheese
- 4 rashers bacon
- 1 onion
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups leftover cooked vegetables
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (or a combination of peas and corn)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease a round quiche/tart dish and set aside.
- Place the cheese into the TM bowl and grate by pressing Turbo 5-10 times. Set aside in a separate bowl.
- Place the bacon and onion into the TM bowl. Chop on Speed 4, 4 seconds (or until finely chopped).
- Add the olive oil and saute on Speed 1, 100 degrees, 3 minutes.
- Spread the bacon/onion onto the base of the baking dish.
- Add the cooked vegetables and frozen peas to the dish and spread out evenly.
- Place the eggs, grated cheese, milk and self-raising flour into the TM bowl and mix together on Reverse, Speed 5, 20 seconds.
- Pour into the baking dish.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until set in the middle (cover it with foil if you notice it browning too much).